The Manhattan Beach Education Foundation (MBEF) is a community driven fundraising organization, which supplements state funding for programs that inspire learning, enrich teaching, and promote innovation and academic excellence in the public schools of Manhattan Beach.
Donations to the Manhattan Beach Education Foundation (MBEF) have allowed the Foundation to grant nearly $5.8 million to MBUSD schools for the 2016-2017 school year.
At Grand View, the MBEF grants pay for small class sizes; physical education with our PE teachers, Mr. Branim and Ms. Wood; hands-on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) opportunities with our science specialist Ms. Renshaw; valuable time with our librarian Mrs. Snively; our technology specialist, Mr. Moore; opportunities for growth for all levels with reading specialist Ms. Batavick; music with Ms. Cavallero, Mr. Nail and Ms. Watson, and so much more.
In all, donations pay the salaries of 70 educators – a cost that’s roughly 9% of our School District’s budget – at the seven public schools in Manhattan Beach.
- Watch our annual appeal video here.
- Find out more about how we help our schools here.
- Educate yourself on California school financing issues here.
- Learn more here about our school district.
- Please consider a meaningful gift per child per school year. The suggested donation is $1500 per child.
- Pledge or donate today. Start monthly installments for your donation here or consider a stock donation by following these instructions.