One way to stay in touch with all the important events at Grand View is to subscribe to the calendar on your computer or mobile phone. Most modern calendar applications have this functionality. The Grand View Calendar will stay separate from your other calendars, so you can easily hide/unhide it as you desire. And when the Grand View communications team makes changes to the Grand View Calendar it will automatically appear on your calendar!
On an iPhone or iPad (iOS 7)
Do you use Calendar on a Mac and sync with iCloud? Use the instruction below on your Mac and it will appear on your iPhone as well. You might get a duplicate calendar otherwise.
- Hold your finger on this link until the menu pops up, then select “Copy”.
- Opens Settings, and choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Choose “Add Account”.
- Choose “Other” at the bottom.
- Choose “Add Subscribed Calendar”.
- Touch the “Server” entry field, and the choice for “Paste” should appear. Touch “Paste”, which will insert the copied link from above.
- Choose “Next” in the upper right corner.
- Leave the settings on this page on their defaults, and choose “Save” in the upper right.
On a Mac
If you are using iCal or Calendar on a recent Mac, right-click on this link and select “Copy Link” from the menu“, then open your calendar and press the Option, Command and “S” keys all at once. Right-click in the Calendar URL: field and select Paste, then click Subscribe.
You’ll be presented with an options dialogue box. The default options are fine, though you may consider changing the Auto-refresh period to every day so that you have the latest changes.
That’s it. And if your calendar syncs with iCloud, and you have an iPhone that does too, the Grand View Calendar will automatically appear on your iPhone too!
If you use Google Calendar, right-click on this link and select “Copy Link” or the equivalent from the menu, then open your Google Calendar in a web browser. In the left column, click the down arrow to the right of “Other calendars”, then select “Add by URL” in the drop-menu. Right-click in the URL: field and select Paste, then click Add Calendar.
Microsoft Outlook (on Windows)
You might be prompted to acknowledge that you are opening a hyperlink. You should click Yes only if you know and trust the validity of the linked calendar.
2. At the prompt, Add this Internet Calendar to Outlook and subscribe to updates, click Yes.
The Internet Calendar opens in side-by-side view in the Outlook Calendar and is added to the Navigation Pane in Calendar view under Other Calendars. The calendar will check periodically for any updates made by the calendar publisher.
- To remove an Internet Calendar Subscription from side-by-side view, clear the check mark for the calendar in the Navigation Pane.
- To overlay multiple calendars, use the arrow buttons on the calendar tabs.
- You can drag items from the Internet Calendar Subscription to other calendars in side-by-side view.
- To remove the Internet Calendar Subscription from the Navigation Pane, right-click the calendar name, and then click Delete calendar name.
- Internet Calendar Subscriptions can be added, changed, or removed from the Account Settings dialog box. On the Tools menu, click Account Settings, and then click the Internet Calendars tab.
Need help adding the Grand View Calendar to another type of calendar? Email the Grand View Webmaster.