MBUSD expects students to attend school with general cleanliness and dressed neatly, safely, and appropriately for the activities of the day.
The following guidelines apply to all regular school activities:
Parents will be immediately informed of any violations of these guidelines and asked to make appropriate adjustments before their child is allowed to return to school. A student who arrives at school without personal cleanliness or neatness of dress may be sent home to be properly prepared for school.
- Close-toe shoes appropriate for school activities must be worn at all times. Wheelie shoes are not permitted. Appropriate shoes are an especially important safety factor during physical education.
- Clothing must not contain words, pictures, etc. that are inappropriate, questionable or offensive.
- Strapless clothing, low-cut tops, bare midriffs, low-cut shorts or pants may not be worn.
- Underwear should not be visible.
- Students must remove hats, caps or bandanas while in the classroom. Hats may be worn for sun protection during outside activities and recesses.
- No student shall wear any article of clothing, jewelry or accessory which, in the opinion of the school administration, poses a threat to the physical well-being and safety of the student or others.