Please keep emergency cards updated to protect your child’s safety. Please notify Grand View immediately if you have a change of address, phone number, email address, etc.
Make sure that all persons who may be picking up your child are listed on your emergency card. By law, we cannot release students to any individual not listed on their card.
Guidelines During an Emergency
Efforts will be made to provide parents with information as quickly as possible in the event of a disaster, lock down or other emergency at the school. Visit the MBUSD website at www.mbusd.org for updated parent messages pertaining to an emergency.
School personnel are trained to follow procedures, give instruction and guidance to students, and are required by law to remain on duty during an emergency. School buildings are required to meet stringent public safety codes.
In the event of a disaster, lock down, or other emergency at the school, please follow the following guidelines:
- Assure your personal safety first. Children will be cared for until your arrival.
- Do not call the school. Phone lines should be used by emergency personnel only and must remain open at all times.
- Walk to school if possible. Streets may be clogged with emergency vehicles.
- Prepare to arrive calm, patient and ready to follow school personnel directions. Encourage other parents to do the same.
Release of Students
In the event of a disaster, lock down, or other emergency at the school, the following procedures will be used to release students:
- Campus will be closed and parents will be expected to wait until ALL students are accounted for and authorized personnel begin the Student Release Process.
- Students will be signed out in an orderly manner. Removing students from campus without signing out will hamper efforts to account for everyone’s safety.
- Classroom teachers will release students to persons listed on the Student Emergency Information Card or the emergency form in the individual student’s emergency zip-lock packet stored in the classroom.
- The parents or emergency designee will be required to present identification and sign a release form.
If necessary, students will be evacuated to the upper playground by class.
In the event of an off-site evacuation, signs will be posted to indicate whether students are at Live Oak Park or Sand Dune Park.